To quote the package homepage:
What is it?
Subtitle Editor is a GTK+2 tool to edit subtitles for GNU/*.
It can be used for new subtitles or as a tool to transform, edit, correct and refine existing subtitle.
Subtitle Editor is free software released under the GNU General Public License (GPL).
* Really easy to use
* Can create new subtitle
* Can be used for timing (gstreamer)
* Can be used for translation
* Internal format is Advanced Sub Station Alpha
* Can edit the script header (authors, translators, timers, video informations, etc.)
* Style Editor
* Framerate convertion
* Split subtitle
* Joint subtitle
* Spell check using aspell
* Encoding support
* Edit text and adjust time (start, end)
* Move subtitle
* Find and replace (can use Regular Expression)
* Remove line empty
* Set All end time
* Can play video preview (using MPlayer or other)
Supported Formats :
* Sub Station Alpha
* Advanced Sub Station Alpha
* MPsub (MPlayer subtitle)
* SubViewer 2.0
Workes fine for me on ~x86 and ~amd64.
Created attachment 93890 [details]
Forgot to add the ebuild :(
Now in sunrise:
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 125714 ***