Attached is the code to convert DocBook 3.1 XML (Lyx can export to DocBook 3.1
and sgml2xml can convert that to DocBook XML) to Gentoo Guide XML. It is simply
an XSL transform. The result is that it allows developers and other guide
authors to use Lyx to author Gentoo XML Guides.
Created attachment 477 [details]
* describes how to install, use the tool, it's limitations etc.
Created attachment 478 [details]
* wrapper script for Apache's Xalan XSLT engine
Created attachment 479 [details]
* the XSLT to go from DocBook 3.1 to Gentoo Guide XML
Created attachment 480 [details]
* example output from this tool (in gentoo guide xml format)
Created attachment 481 [details]
* output after running output.xml through xsltproc using gentoo-main.xsl
Created attachment 482 [details]
* use this xalan wrapper script instead! I sent an old/wrong copy the first
I don't have time to maintain/handle this, but it's going to be a great asset.
Assigning to danarmak for maintainance (commit to gentoo-src?)
I already committed it. See gentoo-core announcement. The instructions here aren't accurate anymore; xalan isn't required, xsltproc will do. I'll maintain it.
Trying to clean out the docs-depricated so that I can close the catergory ...