Hi, here is an ebuild for z26, an Atari 2600 emulator.
I suggest category games-emulation, as with Stella.
Created attachment 87451 [details]
doicon but no make_desktop_entry?
Why -j1? sure would be nice to have a patch for the makefiles if necessary.
z26 only shows its help text when not provided with a ROM file. So desktop entries can be set up by the user.
-j1 is there as a precaution. It takes seconds to compile anyway :)
Created attachment 93787 [details]
Correct "find" command option order, to stop it from (pointlessly) moaning. From "man find":
"Therefore, for clarity, it is best to place them at the beginning of the expression. A warning is issued if you don't do this."
Possible improvements on this ebuild:
* Make generations of manpage/PDF optional by docs useflag. This implies in conditional dependency on perl.
* Install the PDF file at docs directory.
* Install also other files from doc/ (well, maybe just a few of them...)
* It is worth noting that the source appears to be compatible with FreeBSD, so maybe this ebuild could be adapted to Gentoo/BSD project.
* Add some useflag to conditionally build linux-static binary, instead of linux binary.
I think the ebuild looks pretty good. I don't think "-j1" is needed, but I'm not sure. I would test it here, but I don't know (yet) how to compile a x86 binary inside my amd64 Gentoo.
(I still hope someday this ebuild gets into portage... AFAIK, z26 has a more accurate emulation than stella)