couriermlm can't deliver mailing list messages to adresses
with an equal sign in the user part. All versions up to courier-0.53.1 are affected.
Steps to reproduce:
* Create a test mailing list with
couriermlm create <dir> ADDRESS=<address>
and create the necessary .courier files
* Subscribe an address with an equal sign
couriermlm sub <dir> email@example.com
and make sure you can receive mail with this address
* Subscribe another address without equal sign for tesing
couriermlm sub <dir> firstname.lastname@example.org
* Send a mail to this list
* email@example.com receives the message, firstname.lastname@example.org
* mailq lists the mail for email@example.com
* top shows a courieresmtp process with 99% cpu usage (we also tried a
local address with equal sign, in this case it's a courierlocal
* some minutes later the courierlocal process exits and the log shows
err courierlocal: Error: stuck delivery, PID 1001, sending signal 15
I reported this bug to the courier-users mailing list and courier's author Sam Varshavchik wrote a patch that fixes it.
Created attachment 87439 [details, diff]
This patch from courier's author Sam Varshavchik fixes this bug. Please add it to all courier versions in the portage tree.
The bug is fixed in courier-0.53.2 (released yesterday). From the release notes:
Security: Fix a bug in Courier that, under certain circumstances, may cause a number of processes to spin. Backported patch for earlier versions of Courier: http://www.courier-mta.org/beta/patches/verp-fix/
I also ran into this problem, please supply this small patch...
*** Bug 134340 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Created attachment 87494 [details]
Created attachment 87495 [details, diff]
Please continue this on bug #135005
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 135005 ***