I store my users in an ldap database, and I'm
using pam_ldap and nss_ldap, when an ebuild tries to create a user that already
exists in ldap, the ebuild fails.
>>> emerge (1 of 1) net-www/apache-2.0.55-r1 to /
>>> extracting info
* LFS support has been removed due to incompatibilites with other packages.
* You _will_ have to re-emerge any Apache modules you have installed, or
* they will likely misbehave/segfault.
* Multiple MPM support has been disabled due to problems with external
* modules. If you have relied on this functionality you will need
* to find another solution. The Gentoo Apache team apologizes for
* any inconvienence this may cause you.
>>> extracting apache-2.0.55-r1
>>> Merging net-www/apache-2.0.55-r1 to /
* Adding group 'apache' to your system ...
* - Groupid: 81
groupadd: name apache is not unique
!!! FAILED preinst: 1
enew(user|group) should first check if user exists besides the /etc/group and
/etc/passwd if this is the place where it checks.
As an example in my system:
# cat /etc/passwd | grep apache
# cat /etc/group | grep apache
# getent passwd | grep apache
apache:x:81:81:added by portage for apache:/var/www:/usr/sbin/nologin
# getent group | grep apache
*** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 53269 ***