mail-mta/postfix-2.2.8 collides with net-mail/mailwrapper-0.2.1-r1
>>> Completed installing postfix-2.2.8 into /var/tmp/portage/postfix-2.2.8/image/
* checking 317 files for package collisions
existing file /usr/bin/mailq is not owned by this package
existing file /usr/bin/newaliases is not owned by this package
* spent 0.0847790241241 seconds checking for file collisions
* This package is blocked because it wants to overwrite
* files belonging to other packages (see messages above).
* If you have no clue what this is all about report it
* as a bug for this package on http://bugs.gentoo.org
# qfile -v /usr/bin/mailq /usr/bin/newaliases
$ emerge =net-mail/mailwrapper-0.2.1-r1 -pv
These are the packages that I would merge, in order:
!!! All ebuilds that could satisfy "=net-mail/mailwrapper-0.2.1-r1" have been masked.
!!! One of the following masked packages is required to complete your request:
- net-mail/mailwrapper-0.2.1-r1 (masked by: package.mask)
# Fernando J. Pereda <email@example.com> (25 April 2005)
# mask these until the new mailwrapper/mailer-config scheme is ready
# it is secure to unmask them to test
For more information, see MASKED PACKAGES section in the emerge man page or
refer to the Gentoo Handbook.
postfix-2.2.8 isn't for mailwrapper-0.2.1-r1. If you want to use mailwrapper-0.2.1-r1, then use postfix-2.2.8-r1 (p.masked)
Thanks, I have not seen the maske version of postfix. Closing.