Pine patch 4.50-gentoo.diff reintroduces the problems of Bug 3719, and makes
Pine largely unusable. Looks like someone without thinking just shoved the
unused, broken pine-4.44-multibyte.patch into 4.50-gentoo.diff.
On a related note, I'd like to PLEASE request that patches not be in this style,
with 5 or so patches all in one diff. To workaround Bug 3719 I could easily
comment out the appropriate line in the ebuild that did the bad patch, but with
everything all in one file, I have to edit the patch straight.
I am currently working on a pine-4.50-r2 with the patch updated to remove the
multibyte char stuff... I'll post on this bug as soon as the new version has
been relased into portage.
I recommend breaking down the patch into multiple files, as were done
previously, not having one big patch.
pine-4.50-r2 has been released to portage. Please let me know if things work
properly for you.
I have not split the patches back up into their individualness as I did much
editing after all patches applied and things have changed enough to the point
where it just made more sense for me to apply one patch. I just made the
mistake of keeping the multibyte patch in there.
And now pine-4.50-r3 is in portage which again splits up the patches and also
adds support for the mbox USE variable. :)
Thanks a bunch for resolving this so quickly! It's quite a pain when your email
client is buggy :)