* checking 32 files for package collisions
existing file /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/XML/SAX/placeholder.pl is not
owned by this package
existing file /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/XML/SAX/Base.pm is not owned by
existing file /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/XML/SAX/Exception.pm is not owned
by this package
* spent 0.0562238693237 seconds checking for file collisions
* This package is blocked because it wants to overwrite
* files belonging to other packages (see messages above).
* If you have no clue what this is all about report it
* as a bug for this package on http://bugs.gentoo.org
package dev-perl/XML-SAX-0.13 NOT merged
No package files given... Grabbing a set.
arilinn ~ # qfile /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.7/XML/SAX/placeholder.pl
Steps to Reproduce:
2.emerge -u libconf
3.after emerging XML-SAX-Base, XML-SAX fails.
Collision between dev-perl/XML-SAX-0.13 and dev-perl/XML-SAX-Base-1.04
No collision between dev-perl/XML-SAX-0.13 and dev-perl/XML-SAX-Base-1.04
I've sent a note upstream to Matt and Kip (respective authors of XML::SAX and XML::SAX::Base) to see what they're take on this is. I suspect that the deps should be adjusted to be an || clause between the two modules, especially since XML::SAX::Base hasn't been updated upstream in 3+ years.
*** Bug 122576 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
deps updated across the board, closing this out. XML-SAX-Base removed from the tree, as of XML-SAX-0.11 its been merged, no need for both ebuilds anymore.
Works fine for me. Good work.