I created ebuilds for kisdnmon and kisdnmon-server.
Kisdnmon is a panel applet for monitoring ISDN-Lines and interfaces on your
machine or on a Linux gateway on your network.
Please include them in portage if possible.
Created attachment 6001 [details]
Incoming kde ebuilds will I hope be finally processed after the upcoming rearrangements of the
gentoo organization of development.
Meanwhile notes on the ebuilds, please fix and take to heart :-)
- don't put a || die on inherit statements, the inherit function has its own internal die if
something goes wrong
- since you use the kde eclasses, don't use einstall, rather use kde_src_install, unless there's
some reason not to
- we can have a version number like 0.97d in portage, no need to rename to 0.97.4 unless
you know that other versions in the upstream versioning scheme will _not_ be representable
as-is in portage
- if you want the ebuilds to go into portage, you shuold release them under the gpl v2 (or
some compatible license i suppose, but please don't make my life complicated :-) in token of
which you should add the 3rd standard header line to the ebuilds
- in the server ebuild, the src_compile definition is unnecesary, ebuild.sh already has default
functions that do the same thing
- the separate definition of $DLFILE seems unnecessary since afaics it's only referenced in one
Thank you for your hints!
Some of your suggestion were ok, some didn't work:
src_compile() is necessary, if I left it out, it didn't compile anything. Maybe it's because of there's currently no normal ./configure - make - make install procedure - only a stupid make.
kde_src_install instead of einstall doesn't work, because it ran "/bin/sh ../admin/mkinstalldirs /usr/share/apps/kisdnmon/". This is not the correct path for the image: it should be: "var/tmp/portage/kisdnmon-0.97e/image//usr/share/apps/kisdnmon/" !
May be this is a bug of kde_src_install.
I uploaded the current ebuilds, so they fail with the problems written above. Your other suggestion are build in (please check them).
NOTE: These ebuild are released under GPL Version 2!
Please give me a some hints, how to fix these problems.
Created attachment 11234 [details]
The problematic ebuild.
kde-misc/kisdnwatch is in portage, so I don't think this is needed any more.
Also, we don't want tarballs, just plaintext ebuild.
If you are still interested in this, then please attach a fixed plaintext ebuild
(and patches if needed) for the current version and reopen then.