|Summary:||app-office/dia-0.97.2 - bogus libgnome* dep|
|Product:||Gentoo Linux||Reporter:||Rob MacKinnon <rob.mackinnon>|
|Component:||New packages||Assignee:||GNOME Office (OBSOLETE) <gnome-office+disabled>|
|Package list:||Runtime testing required:||---|
|Attachments:||app-office/dia-0.97.2-r2 Ebuild with gnome3 support|
Description Rob MacKinnon 2012-11-08 00:52:54 UTC
After upgrading to gnome:3 I found that Dia still required old gnome libraries. Upon a hunch I updated the ebuild adding a flag for gnome3, tested the build, and got a clean build. Then tested the application against the libraries and seems to work well. I've attached the ebuild that I created (based off of app-office/dia-0.97.2-r1), I don't really do fuzzying so the app might need some more testing, but all the functions I ran through (layers, objects, linking, etc) worked with no error or warning. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. build dia on gnome:3 platform 2. pulls in requirements for gnome:2 Actual Results: As I said, the app could use some standard vetting and testing, but upon my usage works great under Gnome3.
Comment 1 Rob MacKinnon 2012-11-08 00:57:08 UTC
Created attachment 328760 [details] app-office/dia-0.97.2-r2 Ebuild with gnome3 support Modified the gnome flag to designate gnome2 or gnome3. I'm not really sure that is the sane way to do it, but was the quickest way. If someone could give me a better direction on how to handle that, I'd be happy to make the modification and re-submit the ebuild for consumption.
Comment 2 Peter Asplund 2013-05-17 20:57:07 UTC
Works for me.
Comment 3 Pacho Ramos 2013-08-29 12:52:15 UTC
I also see Fedora dropping that deps, probably they are not needed
Comment 4 Pacho Ramos 2013-09-22 11:22:51 UTC
+*dia-0.97.2-r2 (22 Sep 2013) + + 22 Sep 2013; Pacho Ramos <firstname.lastname@example.org> +dia-0.97.2-r2.ebuild, + +files/dia-0.97.2-glib2.36.patch, + +files/dia-0.97.2-implicit-declaration.patch: + Migrate to new python eclasses, improve desktop file translations, drop + unneeded libgnome* deps, let it compile with latest automake, don't mess with + localedir, fix glib-2.36 compat, apply upstream patch to fix some warnings. +